We are hiring a Youth Cycles Program Coordinator!
The Youth Cycles Program Coordinator- a new position- will be responsible for Free Cycles projects and services focused on youth. The position integrates vocational training, community engagement, education, and service. Seventy percent of the position is dedicated to supervising and working directly with youth and families primarily in the community shop with some outreach events as well. The remainder of the position is dedicated to training volunteers and maintaining organization of bicycles, parts, tools and supplies. The Youth Cycles Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and will work closely with the Programs Director to execute these critical duties.
- Provide high quality customer service and teaching with individuals and groups
- Help youth and families assess and fix their bicycles
- Ensure a welcoming, inclusive, and safe atmosphere in the shop
Background and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience and skills related to:
- Supervision of youth and adults
- Oral communication with a diverse audience
- Supporting young people, particularly those who are at-risk
- Delegation of responsibilities to volunteers
- Care for the environment and sustainable commuting
- Adaptive and creative teaching styles to meet diverse patrons’ needs
- Basic bike repair
Please provide a resume and cover letter to apply for this position. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Applications are due by September 9th. Please include “Youth Cycles Program Coordinator” and your full name in the subject line. The compensation package for this position is $13/hr at 30 hours a week with potential room for growth. The work schedule for this position will primarily be Tuesday-Saturday with some flexibility.